Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend and Barbie

I spent Easter weekend in Alabama with my daughter and her family. I had such a nice time! It was great to be together with Ann-Marie and her husband Brannon and their little girl Mary Ellen. My other daughter Molly came, too. We drove from Atlanta together. My hubby stayed home, still recuperating from back surgery.
I missed him, but it was so special to be with Mary Ellen when she went on her first Easter egg hunt; and then be up on Sunday morning when she found her basket. OOOOH, she said very liltingly and sweet. Then she tried to eat a bag of M&Ms...the actual bag. Didn't taste so good so she stopped and went on to the next item in her basket.
I bought her a Barbie doll. Of course. Barbie is my BFF and Mary Ellen needs to learn all the wonderful things about Barbie. I got my first Barbie when I was 7 years old, and the shiny vinyl suitcase in which I carried her and all of her outfits and plastic accessories. So cool. Imagine..is there any other girl toy that can span three generations? I think not. My pretty pony, strawberry shortcake, smurfs...they're gone...but Barbie is eternal.
Maybe she has Jesus in her heart.
That would be a cool Barbie...Christian Barbie. She could wear a cross necklace, a Jesus T-shirt and carry a Bible protected in a Bible case or a leather bound one with her name engraved in gold. Her pink plastic Corvette would have Jesus bumper stickers. She would come with a Christian rock CD and when the music played she would raise her hands in the air toward Heaven. She wouldn't be available to play with on Sundays and Wednesday nights...and Skipper could go to AWANA. Ken wouldn't be around much because Barbie practices abstinence and wears a purity ring. They would only date in groups, so Midge and Poindexter would need to come along. Perfect.
I like this idea...
Think I should e-mail Matel ...
Many Blessings!
Happy Easter....Jesus Christ is risen from the dead. He's alive!

1 comment:

  1. i want a Christian Barbie. There could also be a Baptist Barbie who wears her Sunday best and loves to sing Hymns. She can come with her own baptismal and holy water. Then there could be nondenominational Barbie who wears holy jeans and t-shirts to church and only likes to sing top 40 christian songs you hear on the radio. Then you can have Catholic Barbie who comes with her very own confessional and a string on her back and when you pull it she says "Forgive me Father for I have sinned" and she can come with her own rosesary.

    This is fun. I want all kinds of christian barbies

    ReplyDelete